On 8/2/2014 11:31 AM, Richard Pieri wrote:
On 8/2/2014 11:09 AM, Bill Horne wrote:
habit: when I open my default mailbox, and try to delete an email, I get
the error
"Mailbox is read-only.*"
This is probably the ownership and permissions on the spool directory
(/var/mail). The ownership should be root:mail. Permissions at a minimum
should be 2775 (u+rwx,g+rwxs,o+rx).

Once these are set you should check the ownerships and permissions of
the spool files. Ownership should be ${USER}:mail and permissions should
be 660 (u+rw,g+rw,o-a).

I made the changes, and added the "postfix" user to the "mail" group. It works OK now.

THANK YOU for your help!

Bill
P.S. Is there a list of "Standard" permissions for a new Ubuntu 14.04 LTS install?

--
E. William Horne
William Warren Consulting