On 08/11/2018 05:06 PM, Robert Krawitz wrote:
On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 16:46:09 -0400, e...@vivaldi.net wrote:
On 08/11/2018 04:06 PM, Robert Krawitz wrote:
On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 15:11:37 -0400, e...@vivaldi.net wrote:
Hi all.

I have Fedora 28 installed with an HP All-In-One printer, Deskjet
3520 series. When I print double-sided with any web browser
(Firefox, Chrome/Chromium, Vivaldi), the page footers only print
on the even-numbered pages. For single-sided printing, the footers
print on every page.

I'm done filing bug reports with Mozilla and HP, because no one
replies to the reports.

Is there a setting somewhere that may need to be changed? I have
looked in the CUPS interface and HP Device Manager and the
Duplexer setting in the HPDM is on. Changing the print scaling
percentage has no effect on footer printing.

Thank you in advance.
Which driver are you using?
hp-deskjet_3520_series,ppd (from the CUPS Printer Test Page)
Does this also happen if you use footers with other software
(e. g. LibreOffice)?

There is also a driver named hp-deskjet_3520_series-hpijs.ppd available, but in trying that, not only did the footers still not print, but the headers did not print either. In the printer listing, there is an entry for the 3520 E-All-In-One, but it uses the same ppd file as the standard (recommended) 3520 entry.

Headers and footers printed in LibreOffice, single-sided, I did not see an option for double-sided printing. Web browser headers and footers print closer to the top and bottom edges of the paper, than where LibreOffice prints them.