On 10/24/10, RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another example: do you know anyone that use the "send by email"
> button? Most possible receivers nowadays still use msoffice so using
> that button have the only effect that new users come to forums asking
> why the people to whom they sent the file is not able to open it. I
> think it is better to completely hide that button.

I think that a massive improvement would be keeping the button, but by
default sending documents as PDF.

If you are 'emailing' a document, then I would assume that you do not
want them to edit it, unless specified otherwise. Because in business
environments, I see people sending around things like
contracts/official letters in .doc files, and if LibreOffice were
smart enough to send out documents as a multi-platform, read-only
document, then we could tout that as a 'corporate feature' (document
security is big, yknow), whilst still providing a useful feature that
people could use in real life. And you could even keep a menu option
to attach as ODT or DOC for those who require it.

Just my 2c.

- Damien Ellis