I have only today joined this discussion so I don't know whether this has
already been discussed or not.

There are two reasons why I have just paid money to upgrade to Office 2010
instead of switching to OO/LO:

1. Complete file compatibility. I frequently handle documents with very complex
formatting. These come from my clients, all of whom use MS Office. I
translate and edit the documents and return them. They *must* retain 100% of
the original formatting. So far this has not been the case with Oo.

2. Search and replace. I work with large documents, often 400+ pages. As I'm
translating, I usually come across a word or phrase that I know will be repeated
throughout the document so I search and replace it to avoid having to type it
continuously. I do this *dozens* of times a day. MS Word leaves me where
I was when I did the S/R so that I can continue working. Oo leaves me at the
point of the last replace so I have to manually go back to where I was. I know
of many people for whom this is a dealbreaker -- they won't move to Oo/LO
until this is fixed.

Just my €0.02 worth.

Peter.