2010/11/1 Michael Meeks <michael.me...@novell.com>:
> Hi Andrea,
>> Now, without copyright assignment/agreement (granted by the LibreOffice
>> developers to the Document Foundation), the Document Foundation will be
>> in the awkward situation I described: it manages a product (LibreOffice)
>> but cannot represent the LibreOffice developers since it doesn't own the
>> code.
>
>        Sure - it can recommend, advise, and encourage people in directions; it
> can lead the project via the brand, it can encourage collaboration and
> resolve conflicts - but sure; it is not a monolithic entity that can
> dictate ownership of the code.

Nor it could help contributors in any way, if they are sued because of
their contribution.

Copyright Assignment is nor bad nor good, it's a compromise; i am
still waiting to see
any reply also to Andrea's proposals in another thread [1] .
I agree with Andrea, and I think that all this JCA stuff need a more
pragmatic approach,
when the TDF will become a stable entity with a legal peronality the
big players can deal with.

bye,
rob

[1] http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/msg00533.html