On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 21:34 +0100, Peter Rodwell wrote:
> Quoting e-letter:
>
> > In terms of priorities, making LO the default for mobile (e.g.
> > android) is more important than windoze.
> >

> That's certainly a novel approach: giving 90% of computer users lower
> priority so that 1% of users can prepare presentations on their cell
> phones. Bound to be a wild success.

I recall someone at IBM once saying there would be a need for perhaps 4
computers in the world and someone from Digital saying there was no need
for people to have computers at home. Look at it another way, cell phone
technologies are moving up into the computer space and there are 3 or 4
times as many of these devices than PCs. There is no definitive office
technology on those devices, it's a virgin market ready for exploitation
whereas the Windows market is in decline and already dominated by MS
with almost unlimited resources to protect that dominance (which they
will more violently as their backs get pushed against the wall). I know
which battle I'd rather try to win. How does Google approach this?
Think :-).

--
Ian
Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications