On 12/06/2010 11:08 AM, RGB ES wrote:
> 2010/12/6 Andras Timar <...>:
>> Hi Ricardo,
>>
>> Libertine and Libertine G are different. The later is a Graphite font
>> which utilizes the Graphite engine in LibreOffice. See:
>> http://www.numbertext.org/linux/
>
> I know this quite well (I use graphite features a lot), I mentioned
> them just as an example
>
>> AFAIK the bundled fonts are installed into the system, there is no
>> difference between the ones on the system or those within the package.
>
> They are not. At least on Linux, the fonts bundled with LibO packages
> are installed on the LibO directory and only LibO see them. Just try
> to use Liberation narrow on any other app like kword...
> I fact, my instinct is to not install LibO font package... but then
> there will be no opensymbol font available so the alternative is to go
> to LibO installation directory and manually delete the repeated fonts
> (ouch!). That's why I asked if LibO will prefer system fonts or
> bundled fonts: if the valid case is the former, then I do not need to
> worry about it.

+1 and agree. 22.9MB of fonts; most of which are already installed on my
system. As for LiberationSansNarrow, it looks as if these got added in
from the OOo-dev code:

$ locate LiberationSansNarrow
/opt/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/fonts/truetype/LiberationSansNarrow-Bold.ttf
/opt/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/fonts/truetype/LiberationSansNarrow-BoldItalic.ttf
/opt/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/fonts/truetype/LiberationSansNarrow-Italic.ttf
/opt/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/fonts/truetype/LiberationSansNarrow-Regular.ttf
/opt/ooo-dev/basis3.3/share/fonts/truetype/LiberationSansNarrow-Bold.ttf
/opt/ooo-dev/basis3.3/share/fonts/truetype/LiberationSansNarrow-BoldItalic.ttf
/opt/ooo-dev/basis3.3/share/fonts/truetype/LiberationSansNarrow-Italic.ttf
/opt/ooo-dev/basis3.3/share/fonts/truetype/LiberationSansNarrow-Regular.ttf

But I reckon that this can be fixed by not installing, or uninstalling
(on my debian based system):
libobasis3.3-ooofonts_3.3.0-17_i386.deb
Problem is that I've become accustomed to installing all:
$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb