On 4 January 2011 07:37, Cor Nouws <oo...@nouenoff.nl> wrote:

> Michael Wheatland wrote (04-01-11 02:59)
>
>> If everyone was as clear and concise as you there would be no
>> confusion about any issues.
>>

> No, to me this is an obvious example of someone apparently unable to
> understand,

Hm, has anyone taken the trouble to have say a face to face skype with
Michael?

 working on the Silverstripe site is that they don't understand the CMS

> using silly arguments,

Hardly a silly argument. I for one have no idea and no time (or inclination)
to learn Silverstripe. I can fully understand that issue. I do know Drupal
and worked with it every day for the last 5 years. In fact I'd never heard
of Silverstripe until very recently. I know of many Drupal installations I
don't know of any Silverstripe installations. The very fact that there seems
to be a deficit of help on the Silverstripe work and a more active Drupal
development is evidence that the argument isn't silly even if you don't like
it.

 Over the coming couple of weeks, I will put together a proposal for
>> the Steering Committee to consider an implementation plan.
>>

> and only interested in his own plan.

That I think is disingenuous. The last thing TDF can afford is to alienate
people who are clearly very committed to putting their own resource into
development. Even if you think passion and commitment to Drupal is
misguided, there are better ways of communicating with people than public
personal attacks on mailing lists. This is worryingly reminiscent of some of
the OpenOffice.org spats several years ago. It would have been a lot better
if the original public post had been a verbal exchange by phone. Mailing
lists are notoriously bad for this sort of discussion.

Cor

> --
>  - giving openoffice.org its foundation :: The Document Foundation -
>

> --

Ian

Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications
The Schools ITQ