Hi Alan,

first, this kind of question is more suited for the users-list
(us...@libreoffice.org). I'll try to answer your question nonetheless.

2011/1/27 alan c <aecl...@candt.waitrose.com>:
> On 27/01/11 18:11, alan c wrote:
>>
>> test - having list access problems
>
> odd. This message seemed to get through ok, but other messages do not.
>

> Just in case it does get through ok, I will also state here my real problem!
> It is not clear to me how I should install LO 3.3.
> I have torrented down
> LibO_3.3.0_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz
> and also
> LibO_3.3.0_Linux_x86_langpack-deb_en-GB.tar.gz
>
> I have then extracted and obtained
> LibO_3.3.0rc4_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US
> and
> LibO_3.3.0rc4_Linux_x86_langpack-deb_en-GB
>
> I am totally confused at the extracted packages:
> for example, one folder contains a bout 50 deb files!
>
> I am using ubuntu  10.04.1.
> Is there a help page somewhere for guidance?
> tia

You can find installation instructions here:
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/linux/

But to make it short:
open a terminal, change into the sub-directory that contains all the
.deb-files and run the following command (as root or by using sudo)

dpkg -i *.deb

This will install then all the files in the correct order. You might
have to install the desktop-integration package as well. Do the same
for your language-pack.

Hope, that this helps you.

Sigrid