The problem there would be US tax law no? You'd have to pay taxes on it - since
you as an individual would be receiving it, taxes which would outweigh the
donation write-off you'd get on the other end.
Now, I am not a CPA or Tax Accountant, so I would highly recommend talking to
one before doing anything like that.

It might be, however, feasible to get an existing 501(c)3 to do that for you
though; perhaps the FSF, Linux Foundation, or one of the other existing Open
Source entities could aid in that manner?

Ben