Plus,

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 09:26 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:

> > more work", given that this is going to happen anyway, and submitting
> > the bug fix to both projects will simplify things where OOo accept the
> > patch more or less as-is.
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's the wrong assumption I was trying to point out.  It's not always
applied as-is, and in fact it's rare that patches be accepted as is.
Even we don't do that too often.

The only time a patch is accepted as-is is when the patch is *very*
simple (like a one-liner change), or perfect in that it covers all
corner cases, fits the taste of the maintainer of that code it patches,
and creates no new bugs.  Statistically speaking that's a very rare
occurrence and my own experience backs it up.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc
<kyosh...@novell.com>