Hi Jaime, Hi all,

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 14:33:23 +0100
"Jaime R. Garza" <gar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think a lot of people though it was an official LibreOffice PPA for
> Ubuntu, not an official Canonical package:
>
> http://www.silicongadget.com/guides/software-guides/office-suites/install-libreoffice-on-ubuntu-using-the-official-repository/2097/
>
> <http://www.silicongadget.com/guides/software-guides/office-suites/install-libreoffice-on-ubuntu-using-the-official-repository/2097/>

well, the ppa is different from most other ppas as it is the ppa of the
libreoffice packaging team at Ubuntu. That is: it is the stuff we as a
team intend to put in the main repositories in the end.

However: As

 https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ppa

itself describes it best: "LibreOffice test builds and backports".
Thats pretty clear. Please do not hold me accountable for any
journalist calling it different to make a good headline.

Yes, Canonical and Ubuntu will support Libreoffice, but we will not
race out a release to the main repositories, just so that we can claim
to be first(*).

Best Regards,

Bjoern

(*) If you dont care about the final stabilization fixes, you could
build an rc1 yourself and you will have your (almost) release a week
earlier. But if you wait for the final for a week, you should also wait
another day or two for the distribution adjustments.

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen