Hi,

Am 27.03.2011 08:22, schrieb Samphan Raruenrom:

> I found this page
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/faq/general-faq/how-do-you-pronounce-libreoffice/
> that link to Google translate to provide the (official?) pronouncement.

I don´t think, that this is "official" in sense of approved by TDF
or the TDF community.

> http://translate.google.com/#fr|en|LibreOffice

This sounds odd to me, personally.

The following sounds almost like the one I am used to:
http://translate.google.com/#fr|en|LiebreOffice

> I'm quite surprised with it. I thought it is ˈlɪbə as in "liberty"
> orlbr as in http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vers+libre
> So actually it is ˈliːbreɪ as in
> http://es.thefreedictionary.com/libre , right?

Yes, I would agree.

> It would be nice if someone could provide an official pronouncement
> sound file on the LibreOffice website (and phonetic, for the
> literate).

I am not sure, if there is really a need for an official
pronunciation. This is a free project. Every participant is free to
pronounce it the way she/he likes. For me, there is nothing wrong
with different pronunciation by people with different native tongue.

IMO,
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/faq/general-faq/how-do-you-pronounce-libreoffice/
should be changed, in order to express that ther is no wrong or right.

:-)

Stefan