I'll throw in a feature request/improvement of my own, since the
conversation title is rather unambiguous.

Unlike most (not all) LibreOffice feature requests that are inspired by
Microsoft Office, mine is inspired by GIMP.

I was working with a .xcf file in GIMP the other day, and it came time for
me to export it. I went to File->Save As and changed the name from file.xcf
to file.jpg and hit enter. Without me selecting ".jpg" from the list of file
types, I got the jpg dialogue boxes (flatten image? Image quality, etc.),
and it saved as a .jpg file, not as a .xcf file with a .jpg extension. Other
than changing the extension on the file name, I didn't tell it to change the
file type, it just knew.

If I tried opening file.odt file in LibreOffice and did a save as and saved
it with the name of file.doc without also changing the file type, I'd get an
ODF file with a .doc file extension.

Is there anyway of utilizing GIMP's "Save As" file extension recognition?
That way, we would probably get less document.odt saved with a .doc file
extension.

(Feel free to replace .doc with the favorite non-ODF file extension of your
choice. I'm not trying to start a Microsoft file format flame war, I'm just
using examples that I use.)

I should add that I don't want to change the default file format. I like ODF
as my default. But occasionally, I have to save files in non-ODF format.

Jason Corfman
comput...@corfyscorner.com - www.corfyscorner.com
           Take back the Internet!
www.getfirefox.com and www.getthunderbird.com