On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 3:36 PM, M Henri Day <mhenri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/4/22 Simos Xenitellis <simos.li...@googlemail.com>

>> about

>> http://press.ffii.org/Press%20releases/Share%20your%20operating%20system%20bundling%20tales%20with%20the%20EU
>> >>

>> http://aful.org/communiques/share-your-operating-system-bundling-tales-with-the-eu

>> and

>> http://ec.europa.eu/competition/forms/consumer_form_en.html

>> > «If this relationship weakens, we may see a chance for LibreOffice on new
>> > computers, or Linux computers that obviously have LibreOffice.»
>> >
>> > 'tis a consummation. Devoutly to be wished. But somehow I find it
>> difficult
>> > to envisage either Joaquín Almunia eller Alexander Italianer going that
>> > far....
>> >

>> I do not understand the comment.
>>
>> What we do is report to the EU the cases we know, where we were forced
>> to buy a computer
>> with pre-installed Windows, although we did not need Windows (either
>> we use Linux
>> or we already had a Windows license).
>>
>> It's up to the Competition agency of the European Commission to take
>> appropriate action.
>> That's their job.
>> Our job, and the initiative from the FFII and AFUL, is to report cases
>> to the EC Competition agency.
>>
>> Simos
>>

> Just pointing out, Simos, that I don't share what seems to be your
> confidence in the ability - or for that matter, the intention - of the
> Competition Agency to do what we both agree is its job....

Well, you have to substantiate this claim, otherwise it appears that
you are trying (unintentionally) to derail this discussion.
We know that government agencies might be slow to react, but the way
you are phrasing your view is that the Competition agency will simply
not examine and discard any report.

Simos