Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Florian Effenberger wrote:
Thanks for announcing this. Maybe we should also know if you have to be
there in person or can you participate remotely?
the event is planned on-site. Maybe we can get some remote
connection involved, but primarily, it is for hacking at the place
:)

Quite - you can get hacking help on irc every day - but one key part
of a hackfest is the social component.

It would therefore be just cool to have those kind of events spread
across the globe. I believe we've hackers on every continent. :)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten
We certainly need something like this for North America, U.S.A. and Canada.