Hi,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Von: Bernhard Dippold <bernh...@familie-dippold.at>

> So if I understand it right, the difference is a legal one with probably
> minor consequences in code usage:
>
> While with ICLA the contributer keeps the copyright on his own (and thus
> needs personal legal assistance or an additional contract in case of
> copyright infringement claims) the OCA / JCA allows the entity sharing
> the copyright to behave as copyright owner in legal conflicts.

Maybe Apache and TDF members might have a differnt view on the effects,
as Apache members are more used to US copyright law, while TDF members
are more used to the European way.

E.g. for me as a German citizen it does not matter at all if a company
wants a copyright assignment from me or not - I just cannot transfer
"copyright" (due to german law). The only thing I can do is to grant
permission to use (e.g. to relicense) my contributions.

I'm not arguing that any of the OCA / JCA / ICLA is good or bad -
just trying to tell that we might have very differnt views on the issue.
And while being different, all those views might be correct at the same
time.

regards,

André