Hello,

we just discussed about that in the BoD call, and agreed to only let members vote. After all, it's their TDF and their money being used for the conference, and anyone who is fairly active should become a member soon.

I am in favor of including as many active people as possible, but the issue indeed is that when we have a wider voting scope than members, it will be hard to draw a line between "all the world" and "contributors". We will always miss someone eligible, whereas for members, it is clear.

Hard choice, but I hope you all support the decision.

The proceeding will be as follows:

- I plan to publish the proposals by the end of this week and send them to the announce@ list

- The proponents were not fully aware that details will be all made public, so they were allowed to remove confidential information (like private phone numbers) they did not want to have in public

- Voting will start soon thereafter. All TDF members will get their voting credentials by e-mail to their registered e-mail address, and will have then one week of time to cast their vote

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108