Hi Charles, *,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Charles Jenkins <cejw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now if only I can find a way to convert my tab-separated .txt file to a
> comma-separated .csv file, I think all would be golden.

Hmm. Either I'm completely missing the point here, or you do :-)

With the properties, you explicitly set the filter to the spreadsheet
one (FilterName), and with the other (FilterOptions), you define how
the file is structured - you can configure what separator is used,
what column types they have. Just read the linked wiki page.

Here once again:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Spreadsheets/Filter_Options#Filter_Options_for_the_CSV_Filter

ciao
Christian