>> Any payments and/or donations must be accounted for and if the person
> paying has any intent it to go to xyz, then by regulations we may need to
> account for that payment/donation and where it went to.
>
> That is the real problem with targeted donations and payments.  There will
> be a mess in paperwork to deal with it.  Opt in, opt out, What it was used
> for.  Keeping track of all of who pays what, for what, can cost more than
> thepayment in paperwork and legal fees.

This has been discussed quite a bit on user list and brought up during ESC
at some point and I thought the consensus was "we'll just let them do what
they want" and not endorse, support, etc... any of that. I thought that
kept us out of legal muddy waters. It'd be similar to me just going to a
friend who is a programmer and saying "dude, can I pay you $100 to fix this
issue" - a contract completely out of TDF's hands.

Best,
Joel

--
*Joel Madero*