Hi Randall,

On 24/06/2004, at 11:52 AM, Randall Perry wrote:

StartAuthoxy is starting ok at boot time, but connections are refused on
internet apps.

I'm seeing the same thing actually, but was unsure how specific it was. I first became aware via another client on the same network as myself, and then noticed later that I had the same problem. Very handy to know others are experiencing the same.

If I open System Prefs and stop and start Authoxy, it'll work fine till the
next reboot.

Yeah, the problem is not Authoxy starting as such, as far as I can tell.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Firstly, are you using the pac file option? I *think* that maybe the connection. I looked very briefly at the problem, and couldn't figure out the logic, but here's what I know:

With the pac option selected, the first job when Authoxy starts up is to download and compile the pac file, ready for the first connection. Then, as when the pac option is not selected, Authoxy prepares itself and opens local network sockets. Now, the startAuthoxy application really has a very soft confirmation algorithm for the successful initiation of Authoxy - it essentially reports success if Authoxy is successfully invoked, and does not consider whether for example, the pac file was successfully downloaded.

For some reason, and here's the clincher, Authoxy appears to fail to download the pac file when it is invoked during the login proceedure (such as having startAuthoxy as a login item), but will succeed everytime after that. That is, something is wrong with the network communication during login. And that's where I fail you, dear users - I have not discovered why the simple download of the pac file (which uses the cURL library, in case anyone is interested) fails during login, but not at anytime afterwards.

I offer my eternal awe and gratitude if someone were to figure this out ;-) I will look in to it, but it wont be for a little while. University exam period unfortunately demands my immediate attention.

Heath
|   Heath Raftery    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          |
|   HRSoftWorks      <http://www.hrsoftworks.net>     |
|   *I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.    |
|      Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living*   |
|                    - Dr. Suess      _\|/_           |