Hi,

> If I remember correctly, Firefox has an issue with opacity at '1' -  I
> guess I assumed that it was the case in more browsers. I'll add
> another catch in to fix it (sigh....)

Have you ever thought about using deans object-Detection-tip for things like
this:

http://dean.edwards.name/weblog/2005/12/js-tip1/

e.g. like this:

jQuery = (function(addEvent,ffOpacityFix, ...) {
        var jq = function() {
        jq.prototype = {
                animate: function() {
        if( ffOpaciyFix )
                jq.prototype.animate = function() {

        return jq;
}) (
        document.addEventListener?
                function(element, type, handler) {
                        element.addEventListener(type, handler, false);
                }:
                (document.attachEvent?
                function(element, type, handler) {
                        element.attachEvent("on" + type, handler);
                }:
                function(element, type, handler) {
                }),
        isFF, // however you whant to do it
);

The Trick is that you do all the checking for supported Objects, Methods, etc.
only once and get an optimized implementation for every Browser.

Christof