> IMO, thats too restrictive. What, if the designer wants to have more than one
> prev and next controls, ie. two above and two below the list?
> What if he wants to use <button> elements or whatver instead if images (ok
> john, you noticed that at the end of your posting)?

I guess the issue that I have with it is that there's a definite
demand for leaving the markup as semantic content - and no demand for
custom multiple controls. I mean, it's a case of a number of people
(myself included) wanting to write semantic vs a bunch of imaginary
people wanting to write custom controls ;-)

Here's a compromise: Leave .jcarousel() as is, but create a new
function called something like: .makeCarousel() which does what I
mentioned before. It takes a OL/UL list, wraps all the content around
it, then calls .jcarousel() and turns it in to one. That's the best of
both worlds.

--John