Hi,

first... i unfortunately messed up things with safari in the current
version. I've just uploaded a fixed version, so, download jcarousel.js
again.

Armand Datema wrote:

> After trying it out some more I have a few feature suggestions , check
> out the following
>
> http://politiek2.howardshome.com/Partijen/tabid/53/hmod/menu/default.aspx?pr=508523
>
> I have the following setting
>
> // Ride the carousel...
> jQuery(document).ready(function() {
>     jQuery("#mycarousel").jcarousel({
>         orientation: "vertical",
>         itemWidth : 600,
>         itemHeight : 20,
>         itemVisible: 10,
>         itemScroll: 9,
>         scrollAnimation: "slow"
>     });
> });
>
> but this list only has 6 items to start with so there are 2 disabled
> arrows and auto generated height based on the content
>
> Would it be an idea to have it check for the nr of items in the list
> and if there are less than or equal to the itemvisible settings then
> both images are set to display:none and the hight is calcaulated byt
> the real nr of list items times the item height.
>
> This would make it better usable in a dynamic environements where you
> dont always exactly know how much items are returned

I'll keep that in mind for the next version

Armand Datema wrote:

> And if we are on it, is there a feture where we can set a text label
> that shows which part of the list you are currently viewing
>
> so if there are 60 items it should say   showing:20/60

You can do that right now passing the itemFirstInHandler as option.
See http://sorgalla.com/projects/jcarousel/example_static_callbacks.html

In your case, the callback should look like:

function itemFirstInHandler(carousel, li) {
    jQuery("#textlabel").html("Showing " +
jQuery(li).attr("jCarouselItemIdx")+"/60");
}

Jan