From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Yehuda Katz
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 11:01 AM
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: Re: [jQuery] Help with loading a Google Map

Check this out:

http://www.nytsweeps.com/openhouse

A site I designed that integrates Thickbox with Google Maps. May help you out.

-- Yehuda

On 9/11/06, Jim Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am trying to load this map page:

http://www.4realty.info/newAugust06/maps/map_test.html

into this test page:

http://www.4realty.info/newAugust06/map_example.html

The map_test.html file is the "standard" Google maps API script with
fixed coordinates.

The map_example.html file uses jquery to load map_test into a div using

<script type="text/_javascript_">
  $(document).ready(function(){
  $("a.snoco").click(function(){
    $("div#mapContainer").load("maps/map_test.html");
</script>

As you can see by viewing the example, the file is loading into the
div, but the map is not being displayed.

I was unsuccessful in trying to use pieces of the Google Map plugin found here:
http://olbertz.de/jquery/googlemap.html

My goal is to have a list of cities that when clicked will load the
corresponding map into the div on the page (Ajax style).

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Yehuda Katz
Web Developer