Hi guys,

I'm having an issue using JTip with IE 6. My select boxes are
overlapping the popup DIV that JTip creates. You can see the issue here:

http://www.intoajax.com/jtiptest.htm

I've tried adding an IFRAME of the same dimensions as the JT DIV on the
fly before the JT DIV is created, like this:

$("body").append('<iframe src="javascript:false;" name="jTipiFrame"
id="jTipiFrame" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="display: block;
left: 319px; position: absolute; top: 147px; width: 250px; height: 60px;
z-index:99;"></iframe>');

jwidth = $( "#JT" ).width();
jheight = $( "#JT" ).height();

$('#jTipiFrame').css({left: clickElementx+"px", top: clickElementy+"px",
width: jwidth+"px", height: jheight+"px", display: "block"});

$( "#jTipiFrame" ).show();

but still no dice.

This is an issue acknowledged by MS here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q177/3/78.asp&NoWebContent=1

where SELECT elements are considered Windowed elements and thus take
display priority over Windowless elements such as DIVs irregardless of
the z-index. The only exception to this are IFRAMES and thats why I was
trying to drop one in behind the DIV. Its called "shimming". I just
can't get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rey....