Mark D. Lincoln schrieb:

> I have found a couple of fixes for the problem of using toggleClass
> and removeClass in Internet Explorer (IE). It seems the root of the
> problem is that when you have multiple classes assigned to the
> className property of an element in IE (“class1 class2”) and you
> remove one of the classes from the className property, you can be left
> with a className property containing classes with leading spaces (“
> class2”). What is even worse, if you remove both classes multiple
> times, you can end up with the className property containing just
> blank spaces (“ “). It is these leading spaces which are causing
> toggleClass and removeClass to fail with multiple classes assigned to
> the className property. This problem does not seem to exist in Firefox
> since it seems to remove leading and trailing spaces when the
> className property is changed.

Hi Mark,

I tested your fix. While it worked for IE, Opera did fail even with
removing a single class, with or without your fix.
My solution, that I added to subversion and at least works with FF1.5,
IE6 and Opera9, does not use a regular expression at all.
Please check if this fix is a solution for your particlar problem. If
not, it would be great if you could provide additional tests.

-- Jörn