http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/hpricot/

> From: Yehuda Katz
> It doesn't use "jQuery style expressions." From what I can
> tell, it uses jQuery itself. There have been a few occasions
> where I was using hPricot and it seemed to call a jQuery
> method that wasn't implemented in hPricot. Weird.

Say what? That's not how Hpricot works at all.

Hpricot is a Ruby library, written in Ruby and C. I run it on a server that has no _javascript_ interpreter. I'm fairly certain that it is not running jQuery behind my back.

You can read the Hpricot source code here:

http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/hpricot/browser/trunk

Hpricot has its own Ruby implementation of jQuery-like expressions. That code is in elements.rb:

http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/hpricot/browser/trunk/lib/hpricot/elements.rb

I wonder if you were thinking of Why the Lucky Stiff's "balloon" demo site?

The demo page does indeed use jQuery for the "Click here to view the code" effect.

If it was something else, I'd be curious to know the details.

-Mike