Ⓙⓐⓚⓔ schrieb:
> for the jQ soultuon :
> 1 class to mention which plugin will handle the  validations
> 1 or more other classes as defined in that plugin
> we bind early on all fields that have the 'plugin' class, then we can
> easily handle flipping from US-phone-number to UK-phone-number.. etc!
>
> how the formats are defined is...... pure jQ magic! functions,
> regexps, whatever!!!
>
> This is sorely needed.... I am tired of doing it 'my way', I look
> forward to doing it the jQ way.

Well, I think I covered that, too. You need a special number format?
Define it as a new validation rule and apply it to your form, that's it.

// returns true, if the value does not match the pattern
jQuery.validator.rules.myNumberFormat = function(value) {
    return !value.match(/\d\d\d-\d\d/); // change regex to whatever you need
};

Is this what you had in mind?

-- Jörn