On Sep 20, 2006, at 1:00 PM, herchenx wrote:

> Back to my problem. I have been as specific as I can on selecting
> the 4 divs
> to optimize performance:
>
> $(document).ready(function(){
>   $("div#wrapper div.animated").animate({left:0,top:0},1000);
> }
>
> and without any additional easing or anything additional they are
> completely
> choppy in FF.

Hi John,
could you please provide a link to your test/example page so we can
take a look?

Also, not sure if it'll help the .animate() performance, but I think
DOM traversal will be easier for jQuery if you drop the first selectors.

> $(document).ready(function(){
>   $("div.animated").animate({left:0,top:0},1000);
> }

Or, if you need the "wrapper" ID in there for specificity, drop "div"
in front  of it. From what I've gleaned from this mailing list, best
practice is to identify IDs /without/ the element and classes /with/
the element. So, it could also look like this:

> $(document).ready(function(){
>   $("#wrapper div.animated").animate({left:0,top:0},1000);
> }

Hope that help.

Karl
Karl Swedberg