From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Resig
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 8:20 PM
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: Re: [jQuery] New plugin: toXML (XML serializer)

Tony -

It's not, necessarily, implied that this plugin will return valid XML for an
entire XML Document - instead, it's returning valid XML for an XML Document
Fragment - which is perfectly "ok".

I mean, you can't expect $([ item1, item2 ]).toXML() to give you a valid XML
document - and forcefully wrapping itself seems foolhardy.
If it was so much of a concern, maybe there could be a
.toXMLDocument() which returned a valid XML document instead of just a
fragment.

--John

John Resig
http://ejohn.org/