2006/10/9, Fil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> has anyone measured the speed of unpacking jquery (or any other script, for
> that matter)?

On my system: 125 ms when on battery (laptop), 65 ms when on power.

It depends completely on the system it's running on.

Franck.

> I would suspect that uncompressing/executing jquery.pack.js generates a
> small time overhead, but how long does it take? Compared to the time
> overhead of downloading the full-size jquery.js?

The smallest non-packed version of jQuery is 29 Kb vs. 19 Kb for the
packed one (rev #407), so you save 10 Kb.

This time, it depends completely on the network it's passing thru.

Franck.