Jörn Zaefferer wrote:
> Hi Stefan!
>
>> OT: This changes in jQuery have impact in 3 major projects in my
>> company. I'm one step away to switch to YUI.
>>

> Could you explain what changes exactly were the problem? The goal of the
> 1.0.2 release was to provide bug fixes without changing the API and
> therefore not breaking code.
> My guess: As you have a lot of experience with the jQuery internals,
> your code broke because you relied heavily on those internals. In this
> case, it would be, too, important to know what changes broke your code.
>
> -- Jörn

your guess is not even close. If it was about the 'internals' then you
would not hear about it because is my job to fix it.

If you take a look in the code you will see

            jQuery.ajax(
                {
                    success: function(response)
                    {
                        xml = $.httpData(response);
             )
I had to use '$.httpData' so I can work with $('nodename', xml). Before
version 1.0.1 I never needed to use it. Now in version 1.0.2 the
'$.httpData' is useless.
Try to imagine how this impacts a real application, with thousands lines
of code.