> Guys i am having some problems with my NEW plugin (yes another one :p)
>
> Is it possible to search backwards from the current element?
>
> To be specific, i need to find the first VISIBLE (e.g. not hidden by css
> or not type="hidden") and FOCUSABLE element before element i am basing my
> search of.
>
> A pseudo example:
> -----------------
> <input text>
> <input hidden>
> <input hidden>
> <input hidden>
> <checkbox> (hidden by css)
> <label>
>
> User is focused on the label, and presses SHIFT+TAB, normally it would set
> the focus on the checkbox. But since i have coded a custom .focus()
> function on that AND it is hidden, i need to set the focus to the text
> input.
>
> I came up with this, but that wouldn't work :0
> jQuery('input:eq(-2)').is(':visible)[0];
>
> Any tips if this is even possible?

I think reverse (and other array method) will be an option in a future
version (perhaps 1.1). But in the meantime, check out this (demo of a
post made a while ago about using each backwards):

http://www.texotela.co.uk/code/jquery/reverse/

jQuery('input:visible').reverse().eq(1)[0]

Returns the second to last visible input (eq(0) being the last)