it is certainly reasonable to permit all three methods... but we
should collect test cases where they fail. Such as the validator, css
conflicts, etc...

I for one, have been working with <script> tags .... multiple additive
<script> and most recent prev <script>s. I like the feel of it.

On 11/2/06, "Jörn Zaefferer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 02:08:26 -0500
> Von: "John Resig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> An: "jQuery Discussion." <discuss@jquery.com>
> Betreff: Re: [jQuery] jQuery Metadata Plugin
>
> > >  From John's example, the following classes could be applied:
> > > someclass, {some: (illegal), 'data'} (illegal), anotherclass
> >
> > Yeah, the whole embedding-data-in-classes idea is just messy to begin
> > with. Another option that I plan on working in is so that you could
> > add classes in the format:
> >     option:value
> > giving you a result like:
> >     defaultColumn:3
> >
> > Let me know how this sounds. If anyone has any sample pieces of code
> > >from plugins that've already done something similar, let me know.
>
> Well, I used this inside a class for validation rules:
> $v(required,min:3)
>
> No spaces, therefore no way that to apply any styles by that thing. But just
> using class="someclass {some:'data'} someotherclass" should by fine, too.
> Just avoid spaces inside your meta data.
>
> The strength of placing meta data in elements rather then their own script
> elements is the direct assosiaction of data to elements.
>
> I'll try to modify my validation stuff to use your meta-data plugin. My
> current idea is that I let the user choose via the meta-data plugin in which
> way he wants to specify the validation rules.
>
> --
> Jörn Zaefferer
>
> http://bassistance.de

Ⓙⓐⓚⓔ - יעקב   ʝǡǩȩ   ᎫᎪᏦᎬ