What's wrong with having the file header in the packed version???

/*
 * jQuery 1.0.3 - New Wave _javascript_
 *
 * Copyright (c) 2006 John Resig (jquery.com)
 * Dual licensed under the MIT ( MIT-LICENSE.txt)
 * and GPL (GPL-LICENSE.txt) licenses.
 *
 * $Date: 2006-10-27 11:15:44 -0400 (Fri, 27 Oct 2006) $
 * $Rev: 501 $
 */

I keep the packed version of jquery in my project svn repository
so having the file header is a must since the whole file is on one line
and therefore it's impossible to figure out what has changed with svn diff.
Plus I also don't mind having credits and license information available.

Here's another reason for having it: developer X adds jQuery packed to a project,
developer X quits 2 months later. New developer Y sees that developer X is using some file called
jquery-latest.pack.js but developer Y has never heard of jQuery and has no idea what this file is!
Now developer Y has a problem...

Thanks,

Laurent

On 11/3/06, Choan C. Gálvez <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
On 11/3/06, Brent Pedersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> $().jquery
>
> gives the version.

That's right, but it used to return the revision number. While having
access to the version number is useful for everybody, I think having
access to the revision number would be useful for some of us. At
least, for me.

So, could we have a `$.revision` (or maybe `$().revision`) property?

--
Choan
< http://choangalvez.nom.es/>