You won't make many friends making such statements as that.

First off, you've got my ire, because you think HTML is for kids, and yet
you're clearly unable to write it yourself. Why the XML declaration is in
there is beyond me. Besides, JavaScript and HTML go hand in hand.

Secondly, there isn't any JavaScript degradation. In other words, if a user
chooses not to/cannot use JS, then they're stuck. That's not practical.