> I was just thinking the same thing.
> Would this be possible?
>
> The file names would need to be consistent so that a plug in could require
> jquery+ajax+forms.js or something like that. Version numbers could get
> tricky.

Another point: It would be nice to see from the filename if the content is
already compressed or not. I thought about creating a new file extension for
compressed files, eg. ".jsc" (java script compressed). It wouldn't matter if
editors aren't linked to that extension, the source isn't readable anyway. But
I wonder if webservers set the right content type when sending that file, and
if that can cause any trouble.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de