> But, I would be sad to see .click, .hover,  and .toggle go away,
> if they are among the "helper" functions you plan to put into a
> an external plugin. They just make so much more sense than
> "bind" to people new to programming/javascript/jQuery.

I am not a fan of "bind" either, I'm sure it was inherited from the other
frameworks that use it. I would prefer .on() and .un() (or perhaps .no()? )
because they're short and a bit more intuitive.

To me, click is a verb and it's not intuitive to be setting a click handler
with the word click.

Since .hover and .toggle are not simple mapping of events they have to stay,
or at least be handled some way other than bind.