Hey, don't look at it as "us vs. them".  One of the great things about
jQuery is that it plays well with others.  I use them together for a bunch
of things, and there's no reason why you can't introduce it for tasks
where it's well suited.

After all, isn't "Web 2.0" all about mashups?  :)

Good luck with the new thing!

- Brian