Hi,

> Mozilla added document.all if I remember correctly. And so on...

You can use document.all with Mozilla, but if(document.all) ... else ... still
choses the else path.

It is opera that has problems with it - I trapped into it. To detect IE (which
is >90% of what I need) I now use conditional compilation which of course is
not necessarily future proof, but at the moment it is one of the best
possible methods to at least detect IE.

> I think using navigator.vendor is a good idea, because that string
> cannot be changed by a user (or at least not as easy as the user agent
> string). But not every browser has that.

Well, that doesn't keep you from doing something like this:

/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
@if ( @_jscript )
        ... //here is the IE
@else */