Currently I use PHP's built in session functions to
handle ensuring users are logged in, etc. It doesn't
work correctly a small percentage of the time, but is
robust as far as being able to use the $_SESSION array
and other such things. Now that I'm starting to use a
bunch of jquery stuff, I'm interested in knowing if
there's anything comparable. I haaaaate
troubleshooting why sessions aren't working so I'd
like something more reliable.

I noticed there's a cookie plugin for jquery but it
seems to just do basic things. Is there anything
comparable to PHP's system in jquery, or should I just
stick with PHP?

thanks!
-kim