Not only not related to jQuery, but not related to closures either. :-)

The problem is that setTimeout doesn't accept the additional arguments you
are passing it.

Is there any reason you can't do this:

setTimeout( function() { doStuff( "stuff", 1, 2 ); }, 100 );

That would work in any browser.

-Mike