My guess is that it has to do with:

http://jquery.com/dev/bugs/bug/260/

-- Yehuda

On 12/31/06, Will Olbrys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm having a problem with the .animate method.

I'm using it to slide some div's left and right. One part of the project
does not have alot of text but has some background images and some images,
the other is very textheavy. One of these effects is loaded asynchronously
and the other is loaded on page load, but they both experience the same
problem.

It runs fine, but about 3 out of 5 times it doesnt end up at the right
position. Such as when I slide the text left and then slide it back right
again it may be off by two pixels, it may be off by 15-30 pixels. I've
hypothesized that this is somehow related to my cpu performance, because
it
seems to be farther off when my browser freezes briefly (as though it is
doing some serious number crunching). This happens much more frequently in
Firefox 2 than in IE 7 (which runs much more smoothly).

Here is an example of the calls:

newPos = (articlesWidth*articleCursor*-1);
inMotion = true;
articlePreview.animate({left: newPos}, 600, function(){inMotion =
false;});

It also happens less severely when I took the calculation of newPos out of
the animate method.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Will