I'm pretty sure $("[EMAIL PROTECTED]") would work fine.

-- Yehuda

On 1/4/07, Christopher Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Klaus Hartl wrote:

Christopher Jordan schrieb:

 Hi folks,

How can I tell what class (or classes) an element has? For instance I've
got an elements like:

How can I select all elements that have classA and ClassB but not classC?

 $('div.classA, div.classB').not('.classC')

In case you want only elements that are of classA and classB use this:

$('div.classA.classB')

 I had tried something like this, but didn't get the syntax quite right. I
wasn't caring about the div part of it and just said:
$(.classA .classB)... with a space.

  I'd also like to know how to select all items of a certain class and
attribute. For instance:

I want jQuery to match all the elements that are of classA and that have
the Status attribute set to "On". How would I do that?

$('div.classA').filter('[EMAIL PROTECTED]"On"]')

 Ah! I looked at contains... didn't even see filter. My eyes must have
just passed over it in scanning the API.

Thanks heaps, Klaus! I really appreciate it! :o)

Cheers,
Chris

--
http://www.cjordan.info