Jörn Zaefferer wrote:

> The filter(function) needs jQuery 1.1a+ to work correctly. Older
> versions accept the Function, but apply different scope and different
> arguments.
>
> I suspect that this is the reason why it isn't working, I can't see
> anything wrong with your code. If an upgrade doesn't help: Please
> provide a simple test page.

Thanks Jörn -- switching to 1.1a does seem to fix that particular problem.
This is somewhat confusing because I actually downloaded "the latest
version"  of jQuery yesterday -- to go with the new API I saw on the wiki.
However,  that turned out to be v. 1.01. Switching to v. 1.1a caused other
problems (no "unclick"), and I'm not sure what version of different plugins
I have.

Not complaining, just sayin -- it's hard to keep up :-)

Bruce