dear all,
i'm using $(elm).load(url, function() {...}) to insert new content, but i
found this cost me extra 3-5 times than
using standar ajax methods, and then insert responseText to elm using
innerHTML.

inserting simple content, using standard ajax cost me 0.2s but using jquery
cost me 1.1s ... inserting complex content with form/input usually cost me
only 1.2s ... but now cost me 6.6s ...

is there something i should know to avoid this ?

i'm using jquery 1.0.4 ...
using jquery 1.1a only reduce minor time.

thx before, and sorry for my bad english ...