I didn't take it that way, so don't worry :)

The problem I have with jQuery's native methods is that sometimes, you want
to be able to operate on a specific object while you're creating it.
So, for instance, with that link inside that div, sometimes as I create it,
I'd like to attach an event to JUST that anchor tag, rather than having to
create a custom ID, assign it, then do another jQuery call to bring it up
and attach an event.

The quickest way, of course is jQuery's native methods, but my plugin is
just trying to fill the gaps some on those times when you need to manipulate
and/or create actual DOM elements.

Thanks again for your comments :)