Excellent idea.

If at all possible, be able to download the source right there,
without the need to go to the author's site. While there is nothing
wrong with a visit to the author's site, it should not be for the
purpose of demos or downloads. Well, demos maybe.

While I don't like the ads and popup windows on PHP Classes -
http://www.phpclasses.org/ - I do like the way the code repository is
organized. Perhaps something to consider?

Gerry