Hi,

It seems that each developer can prove his results are the best. I've just
compared the following sites:

http://john.jquery.com/speed/ http://john.jquery.com/speed/  (comparing
jQold and jQuery as delivered by JResig - obviously new jQuery won, second
column)
http://john.jquery.com/speed/yui.html http://john.jquery.com/speed/yui.html
(comparing jQuery and DomQuery as delivered by JResig - obviously jQuery
won, first column)
http://www.yui-ext.com/playpen/selectors/jquery/
http://www.yui-ext.com/playpen/selectors/jquery/  (comparing jQuery,
DomQuery and Dojo as delivered by JSlocum - obviously DomQuery won, second
column)
http://dojotoolkit.org/~alex/query/bench/query_lib/jquery_test_page.html
http://dojotoolkit.org/~alex/query/bench/query_lib/jquery_test_page.html
(comparing jQuery, DomQuery and Dojo as delivered by ARussel - obviously
Dojo won, third column)

Remarks:
1. It seems that JSlocum and ARussel uses somehow outdated version of jQuery
for comparison (is it unfair?)
2. It seems that JResig has improved his timings in the meantime (is it
surprise?)
3. From unknown reasons, ARussel has redefined meaning and succession of
some tests (is it intentional?)
4. It seems that actual JResig results are in most cases best of all.
5. I've performed all tests on Windows XP with IE6.

Here is small screen dump, in succession mentioned above:

http://www.nabble.com/file/6256/DOMtests2.jpg

It would be better to have single common page for tests, referring to
newests library releases...